Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 - HERE WE GO!!!!

Hi Everyone......well 2011 has certainly started off a little rocky...I was hoping to have more posts, contests, and such but alas, life got in the way......

First off, my 12 yr old Calico "Peaches Boom-Boom Larue" became seriously ill. She was in the kitty hospital for a week and I was going there before, during, and after work to sit with her. We almost lost her twice. For those of you who know me, even a little bit, you know that I do not take the health and love of my animals lightly.  Mike and I choose to not have children and instead filled our home with rescued animals. I consciously took on the responsibility of keeping them safe, loved, and healthy. Part of that responsibility is listening to the veterinarian and not giving up just because, "it's an animal". Now Peaches is back home and a diabetic. We are treating it with diet and she is all back to normal, the sweet dainty girl she is.

The rescue I volunteer for, Educateabull.org also had a busy close out to the year. The two fundraisers I helped organize, The Dog Wash at Tubby's in Angola, and Barksgiving at the Fairgrounds were the two highest earning events of their kind! I was very proud! The non-profit paperwork is moving along like molasses but we are getting there. I just received notice that the incorporation with the State is DONE!! Yahoo!

Now my goal for 2001 is to get organized, and get more involved with the CTMH scrapbooking part of my life. I found over the past 6-9 months that when I was getting really stressed out with work and educate a bull, and friends, and family that the only thing besides my animals that brought me peace was sitting down and creating a card, or a project or even just a 12x12 page. Scrapbooking truly does calm my soul. I am going to try and take part in some of the various challenges that are available throughout the Internet and hope that some of you all will join me with this. I am also going to get back to monthly challenges on my own site starting Feb 1st. I am really hoping to get my friends and scrapbooking partners motivated and getting where they are able to find time to scrap and create on a regular basis. Awwww, don't I love to dream!

I have just finished a banner of my sweet "babies" that I have hanging in my living room above my telephone table. It is a new CTMH product. All of the papers, and the pleated ribbon were from the Wings WOTG.
I think this paper pack is really awesome...the color scheme is different and the patters are very unique.



I also did a candle/card workshop in November with my group of friends. The candle stamping was a HUGE hit! Here are a couple of pictures:

And here is a picture of a winter wreath I made with pinecones and pages out of an old book I had:


As of February 1st the new 2011 Spring/Summer book goes live. If you are interested in hosting a workshop or gathering with a make and take email me or call me to set something up....If you want to have a party and just don't have the time to set aside to have everyone come to your house, think about doing an online party! Just contact me for more information.....

No comments:

Post a Comment